24PetWatch is one of the few companies that offers a set deductible in all of their policies. That means, you’re only going to pay $100 out of pocket, while the rest of the visit is reimbursed to you after you file a claim.
You choose your total coverage per year, which controls how much you’re going to pay for the policy on a monthly basis. Yearly coverages range from $3,000, $5,000, $10,000, or $20,000 depending on how often you think you will be going to the vet, or the types of situations your pet may find themselves in.
Due to the limited coverage through 24PetWatch, though, enrollment is limited in middle-aged pets and becomes unavailable in the state of Alaska. That means 24PetWatch may not be the most effective company to protect your pet with a policy through.
One of the biggest benefits of 24PetWatch, though, is that they have lifetime illness and accident coverage, which means that once you’re a policyholder, you’ll be covered for the life of your pet.
- Unlimited # Of Accidents: Some policies limit the number of accidents either yearly, or over the lifetime of the policy. 24PetWatch, though, allows you an unlimited number of accidents, so you never have to worry about being covered should something bad happen at an unexpected time.
- Unlimited # Of Illnesses: Along with accidents, 24PetWatch gives you unlimited cases of illness. That means, if your pet has a chronic condition, you don’t have to worry about them being denied coverage later in life because you’ve hit the maximum number of claims.
- Hereditary & Congenital Conditions: Some companies will not cover conditions that are caused by breeding or birth defects. In most cases, these will fall under “pre-existing conditions”. However, 24PetWatch covers both types of illnesses on a per-incident basis.
- Therapeutic Diet: If your pet requires a specific diet to help them cope with an illness or surgery, 24PetWatch will provide additional coverage to help offset the costs that you face.
- Alternative Treatments: If you prefer to go to a homeopathic vet, 24PetWatch has coverage that will pay the claims, with the same amounts being available when you take them to a standard vet. A lot of insurers will deny claims for homeopathic treatments, making 24PetWatch a solid choice if you prefer all natural treatment.
- Medications & Diagnostics: 24PetWatch also covers both medications, along with testing, diagnostics, and x-rays. Your deductible is still the same, on a per-incident basis, but having the coverage available can save you a bunch of money if your pet faces an extended illness, requiring multiple tests or prescriptions.
- Ambulance & Paramedical: Should you ever have to call an ambulance for your pet, coverage is available through 24PetWatch, that. This is one of the features of 24PetWatch that they have, that no other insurer on our list provides.
- Boarding & Kennel Fees: Boarding and kennel fees can quickly add up when your pet is undergoing surgery and requires an extended stay. You’ll be reimbursed for 80% of the costs through your policy.
- Lost Pet Recovery: If your pet is microchipped, and you have to spend money to find them, should they get lost, you’ll be covered up to $500 each time.
- Living Expenses: We weren’t able to get a clear answer on what the term “Living Expenses” meant, so we have to make an assumption. With health insurance policies for humans, you’ll be reimbursed for a portion of your living expenses if you have to take off work due to an illness or disease.
We can only assume that 24PetWatch is offering the same coverage, up to $500, should you have to stay with your pet during an extended visit.
- Euthanasia & Cremation: At the end of a long life, the last thing you want to worry about is how you’re going to cover your pet’s euthanasia or cremation.
- Accidental Death: This works exactly like an accidental death rider on your own life insurance policy, and provides you with additional coverage in the event that your pet runs out and gets hit by a car, or faces another form of accidental death.
To Wrap It All Up...
While 24PetWatch has quite a bit going for it, there are also a few key areas that make it a bad choice to properly protect your pet. While premiums are competitive against other companies in the industry, the biggest downfalls are the claims process, and how customer service is handled when you need to get in touch with someone.
If you think that you would prefer homeopathic treatment, and your pet doesn’t have illnesses that are chronic, and going to add up in costs over their lifespan, 24PetWatch might be a good choice for you.
After reviewing the company in-depth, we feel that there are better options out there that are a good fit for most people.